Alumere is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as A person who enlightens another. It is an older cognate of the modern word illuminate.
Alumere is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary (O.E.D.) as a person who enlightens another. Its etymology is from the Old French alumer to light, illuminate. It is related to older words such as allumine and alluminate, which is the origin of our modern word illuminate. Illuminate not only means to give light to but also means to shed spiritual light upon; to enlighten spiritually. Here are some examples of its use:
- 1350 in K. Böddeker Altengl. Dichtungen (1878) 199 Iesu, noþing may be suettere,..Þen þou, so suete alumere [a1400 Hunterian a louere].
- 2018 A Dictionary of Archaic and Provincial Words, quoting Wright’s Lyric Poetry ptg 68: Noht may be feled lykerusere, Then thou so suete alumere.
Alumere is also an uncommon surname; it is most commonly found in the nation of Estonia. In addition, there is a historical record of four cheques deposited by one J. Alumere in the Report from the Secretary of the Treasury with Monthly Statements of the Bank of the United States dated 5th of May, 1834. Finally, there is also a construction business registered with this name in the Netherlands.
Why buy the domain Alumere.com?
- It is a very short domain only 6 characters long.
- It is a dotcom domain, which is not only the most popular generic extension but the most respected. Dotcom domains are recognised in all countries, making it a great international name.
- It is easy to say and recognise when it is written.
- It has one record in archive.org dating from 5th of August 2018. This page is a short 403 forbidden page and contains no further information. This shows that the content of Alumere.com has been clean, there was no spam such as adult content, gambling or other low-quality material on this domain. This means that it does not have a tarnished history for any future search engine optimisation.
- Keywords pertaining to illuminate have a high sale and or resale value.
- Though it is an obscure term, it gets up to 100 searches a month according to Google Ads Keyword Planner.
- There is low competition on this keyword, meaning that advertising on it would be inexpensive, and there is a lower barrier for search engine optimisation.
- Alumere.com is indexed by Google, indicating there are no penalties that prevent from appearing in the Google search results.
- Alumere.com has 3 years of whois records and 4 years of nameserver records, indicating that it is not a new domain. Some speculate that older domains are more valuable than domains that have been registered for the first time.
How can you use the domain Alumere?
Though alumere is a little-known variant of the word illuminate, it can immediately be recognised as a cognate of the illumination. Alumere is a short word that is both brand-able and memorable. Here are some entrepreneurial ideas for this domain:
- Use Alumere for a big data software business.
- An investigation company to how big data use/manipulate data; a surveillance capitalism watchdog.
- A data retrieval business.
- A business consultancy firm.
- A political think-tank or advocacy group.
- An app that brings daily inspiration to illumine someone
- Software for mentoring and teaching.
- A media company aiming to make people smarter.
- A research company for smart medicines such as empathogens or other nootropics.
- A mind & body health software business.
Buy Alumere.com for $3,000.00 USD
How did we come up with this price? We carefully evaluated Alumere.com based on several factors, some of which include:
- Domain name extension
- Length of domain and characters used
- Similar domain sales.
- Domain age and history
- Keywords in the domain: this may include the following: search volume, cost per click, dictionary coverage, and/or multi-lingual coverage.
Tools used for this evaluation may include Majestic SEO, DomCop, Google Ads Keyplanner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg, DomainTools, Archive.org, and NameBio.com.
References and Credits:
- Header photo credit: unsplash.com/@joshhild
- “alumere, n.”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://oed.com/view/Entry/5873?redirectedFrom=alumere (accessed July 23, 2020).