The domain BluePatina.com can be purchased directly at Sedo for $2,475 USD. The Oxford English Dictionary defines patina as:
a. A thin coating or layer; spec. an incrustation on the surface of metal or stone, usually as a result of an extended period of weathering or burial; a green or bluish-green film produced naturally or artificially by oxidation on the surface of bronze and copper, consisting mainly of basic copper sulphate.
b. A gloss or sheen; spec. that on wooden furniture produced by age and polishing.
Blue patina is often associated with copper and bronze; in particular, the colour of verdegris, which is described by the ISCC–NBS as “Brilliant bluish green”. This colour is found on statues, old coins and other aged artefacts. Also, this colour is often creatively rendered by artisans who desire this look.
BluePatina.com is a superb domain for business in restoration, metalworking, antiques or the arts.
Why buy the domain BluePatina.com?
- It is a short 10 letter domain, consisting of two popular words.
- It has the dotcom extension, which is the most sought after generic domain extension
- It is easy to recognise and passes the radio test: a user can easily jot this down upon hearing it on the radio (provided they know what patina is).
- Blue Patina gets up to 1000 searches a month according to the Google Ads Keyword planner; the individual words blue and patina get up to 10,000,000 and 1,000,000 searches per month, respectively.
- Keyword Keg suggests that this word gets 390 searches a month, along with variations of copper and other terms. Given that there is low competition for these terms, it is likely that the domain bluepatina.com can pick up many of the peripheral terms with the right content strategy.
- Namebio.com shows that domains with Blue are high-value domains.
- Archive.org has 6 records stored for BluePatina from 2013 to 2019. These records do not have content. This is good; it shows there is no sign that BluePatina.com was used for spam, adult content or low-quality content.
- BluePatina.com is an aged domain, it has 19 years of historical whois records and 18 years of historical nameserver records. Many speculate that aged domains have advantages over new domains for search engine optimisation.
- BluePatina.com is indexed in Google.com, all records in Google can be found by typing ‘site:bluepatina.com’ in the search box. Being indexed indicates there are no penalties on the domain bluepatina.com.
How can you use the domain BluePatina.com?
This domain lends itself to many creative business and artistic endeavours. Some ideas for this domain include:
- Use BluePatina.com for your metalworking site or service.
- BluePatina.com would be a great name for an antiquities business.
- Use BluePatina.com as a name to authenticate antiques from those that are fake.
- BluePatina.com would serve well as an Etsy craft store selling distressed copper or bronze.
- Sell Patina creating paints and chemicals with this domain.
- Name an auto restoration business BluePatina.com.
- Name your boutique painting service BluePatina.com.
- Restore antiques and antiquities under this name.
- Sell jewellery and other unique wearable items under this name.
- Sell high end, faux-antique items like suits of armour, medieval weaponry with BluePatina.
- Name your media design business BluePatina.com.
- Use BluePatina for a boutique roofing service.
Before you buy BluePatina.com, please read below.
It is important that you check trademarks in your country and your business classification(s) before buying this domain:
- If you are based in the USA, please check the websites Trademark247.com and also the US Government Trademark site. Otherwise, check the registrars in your country. To find your country’s trademark database, visit this international resource for trademarks: https://www.wipo.int/directory/en/urls.jsp
- To learn about trademark classifications, watch this youtube video. This video shows how the same trademarks can exist across different verticals or classifications.
- Educate yourself on ‘trademark bullying‘ by reading this article. Here are some common trademark bullying tactics listed on the web site:
– Demands that the alternative owners cease with the trademark in significantly different products or services.
– Declares (wrongly) that it has a monopoly over the mark.
– Subversively expands its services or products to declare it has a right over other classifications, despite any evidence of this.
– A trademark bully may be misguided in their belief that their trademark is too famous, and asserts that other trademarks in different classifications hurt their brand.
Please note that the owners BluePatina.com are in a jurisdiction where it is not trademarked.
Buy BluePatina.com for $2,475.00 USD
How did we come up with this price? We carefully evaluated BluePatina.com based on several factors, some of which include:
- Domain name extension
- Length of domain and characters used
- Similar domain sales.
- Domain age and history
- Keywords in the domain: this may include the following: search volume, cost per click, dictionary coverage, and/or multi-lingual coverage.
Tools used for this evaluation may include Majestic SEO, DomCop, Google Ads Keyplanner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg, DomainTools, Archive.org, and NameBio.com for sold domains, Sedo current domain values, and Brandpa for brandable domain values (updated 20 Aug 2020):
|DivinePatina.com||12||yes||sold||10 – 100||$ 1,995.00|
|GreenPatina.com||11||no||selling||100 – 1K||$ 1,999.00|
|GoodPatina.com||10||yes||selling||10 – 100||$ 2,395.00|
|BluePatina.com||10||yes||selling||100 – 1K||$ 2,475.00|
|TruePatina.com||10||yes||selling||< 10||$ 2,695.00|
|Bluemetal.com||9||yes||sold||1K – 10K||$ 4,000.00|
* from Google Keyword Planner- keyword searches per month.
The domain BluePatina.com can be purchased directly at Sedo for $2,475 USD.
References and Credits:
- Header image credit: pixabay.com/users/threemilesperhour-9661546/
- “patina, n.”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/138829?redirectedFrom=patina (accessed July 16, 2020).
- “verdigris, n.”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/222437?redirectedFrom=verdegris (accessed July 16, 2020).