Mac.ht is for sale – Macht is the German word for power, force, might, and influence. In the English language, macht has also been used in Scotland with the same meaning. The German online dictionary duden.de defines macht as:
Gesamtheit der Mittel und Kräfte, die jemandem oder einer Sache andern gegenüber zur Verfügung stehen; Einfluss. Translation: The total means of powers available to someone or a thing or over others; influence.
Furthermore, below are references of macht in the English language (particularly Scottish):
- 1480 St. Clement 454 in W. M. Metcalfe Legends Saints Sc. Dial. (1896) I. 386 He..hyre enbrasit with al his macht
- 1808 J. Jamieson Etymol. Dict. Sc. Lang. at Maucht Of a person who is paralytic, or debilitated by any other malady, it is said; He has lost the machts, or his machts, S[cotia] B[orealis].
- 1965 in Sc. National Dict. at Maucht n. Aberdeen 1928: He has nae machts o’ ‘imsel, i.e. his faculties are impaired.
Why buy the domain Mac.ht?
- It is a very short domain only 3 letters, and 5 with the TLD extension
- Macht receives between 10,000 and 100,000 searches a month according to Google Ads Keyword Planner
- It has very low competition, which will make both advertising and SEO easier.
- There are no entries in Archive.org, meaning this site is a fresh start; it has not been tainted by spam sites.
- Google Trends shows the term is most popular in Germany, followed by Austria and then Switzerland
What can you use the domain Mac.ht for?
- Use this as a URL shortener (great for branding in newsletters or twitter)
- For sports information or fansite.
- Use it for a Macintosh computer site
- Mac.ht is great, short name for a utility company.
- For a political website or forum
- Great name for a consulting firm.
- Alternative Energy – Solar, Wind, Geothermal, etc￼
- E-commerce site for batteries
- A gaming website or app.
- Use for an energy conservation business.
- Great for a personal brand.
Buy mac.ht for $1,050.00 USD
How did we come up with this price? We carefully evaluated mac.ht based on several factors, some of which include:
- Domain name extension
- Length of domain and characters used
- Similar domain sales.
- Domain age and history
- Keywords in the domain: this may include the following: search volume, cost per click, dictionary coverage, and/or multi-lingual coverage.
Tools used for this evaluation may include Majestic SEO, DomCop, Google Ads Keyplanner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg, DomainTools, Archive.org, and NameBio.com.
Credits and references:
- Header image credit: unsplash.com/@vicky49
- “might, n.1”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/118289?rskey=90bJW1&result=3&isAdvanced=false (accessed August 11, 2020).