The domain Nook.ly is for sale. Nook, has several definitions, below are some of the meanings under the Oxford English Dictionary:
- noun: An out-of-the-way corner in or among buildings or similar surroundings.
- noun: Any small corner or recess. Also figurative.
- noun: A place or spot having the character of a recess shut in by rocks, trees, etc.; a secluded or sheltered place among natural or garden scenery.
- noun: An outlying, remote, or secluded part of a country or region, or of the world. Also figurative.
- verb: To place in a corner; to hide, conceal.
The world nook is of uncertain origin, however, it is believed it may originate from post-classical Latin noca or noka, meaning corner of land. Corner of land is also the earliest use of this term, though now obsolete and rare. The first instance of nook appearing in the English language is nearly one thousand years ago in 1172 from the Latin text Papsturkunden in England: Dimidiam virgatam et unam nocam in Uffinton, roughly translated to Half an acre, and one should found in Uffington.
Why buy the domain Nook.ly?
- It is a very short domain, only 4 characters
- The domain .ly is one of the most popular domain hacks because it is a popular English suffix. By applying ‘ly’ at the end of a noun, it changes the word to an adjective. In this case, nookly like a nook, or have nook qualities. This an excellent way to describe features of a home or accommodation that signifies comfort.
- Although it is a domain hack, nook.ly is very easy to read, say, and recognise. This makes it a very brand-able domain.
- Nook is a high-value keyword if found in a domain name, which means it can have high resale value.
- Nook.ly has been saved 6 times between May 31, 2012, and December 18, 2014, in archive.org. The records consist mostly of domain parking pages and no other content. Previous domain content should be checked for spam, adult sites or any other illicit content. Why? Search engines may penalise a history of poor content when trying to conduct future search engine optimisation. Nook.ly does not have any such record under archive.org, which indicates a clean reputation.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner shows that the term Nook gets up to 100,000 to 1,000,000 global searches per month.
- SpyFu, using dating from US only, shows that Nook gets up 64,900 impressions and 38,200 estimated clicks. Advertisers such as Barnes and Noble, JustAnswer.com and Walmart have advertised on this term.
- Keyword Keg indicates the global volume of Nook is 135,000 searches per month, and the value is $67,000. This value is based on cost per click advertising multiplied by the search volume.
- Nook.ly is indexed by Google; this means there are no penalties keeping this domain from the Google search index.
- Nook.ly has 8 years of whois records, and 5 years of nameserver records; this shows that nook.ly is an aged domain. Some claim that older domains are easier to rank for search engine optimisation purposes that domains that have been registered for the first time.
How can you use the domain Nook.ly?
The name describes what it says ‘on the tin’ – here are some ideas on how you can use this domain for your business:
- Use Nook.ly as real estate firm, app, service, or software
- Use Nook.ly for an accommodation aggregator, review site or app, or service
- Create a personal website application to create your own nook on the internet
- Create an online concierge service for discriminating travellers.
- Create a travel app/website that highlights quiet nooks around the world for travellers who want to bypass the noisy tourist locals and lonely planet backpackers.
- An interior design business specialising in cosy corners and nook for homes
- An interior design app that helps owners design comfortable nooks in their homes.
- A hospitality consultancy that helps businesses create high-end, personal meeting spaces that are quiet and intimate.
- A furniture maker that specialises in niche nook furniture such as booths and breakfast nooks.
- A cafe or restaurant that charges by the hour, but offers quiet nooks for meetings and personal celebrations.
Before you buy Nook.ly, please read:
It is important that you check trademarks in your country and in your business classification before buying this domain.
- If you are in the United States, please check: Trademark247.com and US Government Trademark site. Otherwise, check the registrars in your country. This website is a useful resource: https://www.wipo.int/directory/en/urls.jsp
- To understand trademark classifications, watch this youtube video. The aforementioned video shows how the same trademarks can exist across different verticals or classifications.
- Do yourself a favour and learn about ‘trademark bullying‘ by reading this article. Here are some common trademark bullying tactics listed on the web site:
– Demands that the alternative owners cease with the trademark in significantly different products or services.
– Declares (wrongly) that it has a monopoly over the mark.
– Subversively expands its services or products to declare it has a right over other classifications, despite any evidence of this.
– A trademark bully may be misguided in their belief that their trademark is too famous, and asserts that other trademarks in different classifications hurt their brand.
The current owners of nook.ly are not based in the United States and are not in vertical where nook.ly is trademarked.
Buy Nook.ly for $1,899.00 USD
How did we come up with this price? We carefully evaluated Nook.ly based on several factors, some of which include:
- Domain name extension
- Length of domain and characters used
- Similar domain sales.
- Domain age and history
- Keywords in the domain: this may include the following: search volume, cost per click, dictionary coverage, and/or multi-lingual coverage.
Tools used for this evaluation may include Majestic SEO, DomCop, Google Ads Keyplanner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg, DomainTools, Archive.org, and NameBio.com.
credits and references:
- photo header image credit: unsplash.com/@all_who_wander
- “nook, n.”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://oed.com/view/Entry/128184?rskey=T8Y3Dg&result=1&isAdvanced=false (accessed July 23, 2020).