The domain Portogen.com is available for purchase. Portogen is an invented word, but is established from prefix ‘porto’ and the suffix ‘gen’. Together they can form several meanings such as portal generating, door creation, port creation. Read below for further information about these prefixes and suffixes:
porto – Prefix meaning portal.[L. porta, gate] Medical Dictionary for the Health Professions and Nursing © Farlex 2012. Etymology from Oxford English Dictionary (OED): In Old English < classical Latin portus. In Middle English reinforced by or reborrowed from Anglo-Norman and Old French, Middle French port (French port ) harbour, haven. See also, words prefixed with “porto”.
-gen word element [Gr.], an agent that produces. Miller-Keane Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing, and Allied Health, Seventh Edition. © 2003 by Saunders, an imprint of Elsevier, Inc. All rights reserved. Etymology from Oxford English Dictionary (OED): French -gène, ultimately representing Greek -γενής ( < γεν- root of γίγνεσθαι to be born, become, γεννάειν to beget, γένος kind, etc.: see kin n.1), an adjective suffix which has two different uses: (1) giving the sense ‘born in a certain place or condition’, as in οίκογενής, ἐνδογενής born in the house; (2) giving the sense ‘of a (specified) kind’.
Why buy the domain Portogen.com?
- It is only an 8 character domain.
- It is a dotcom domain, the most in-demand of all generic extensions.
- It is easily recognised and easily spelt.
- Because it is an invented word, the pronunciation can be changed to something more exotic, like putting the emphasis on the second syllable (for example por-TOG-en). This will make the word even more memorable for radio commercials and television ads.
- According to Google Ads Keyword Planner, the term gets up to 10,000 searches per month with little competition. This indicates that advertising costs for Portogen as a brand should be low, and there is a search interest in this term.
- According to Keyword Keg, Portogen gets up to 4,400 searches per month.
- As of the time of writing, there are no entries for archive.org for Portogen.com; this indicates that the domain has no content saved. This is good news, it means that the domain can have a fresh reputation to start search engine optimisation. Frequently, expired domains are often bought for their SEO value, and many SEO specialists put spam or low-quality content on these domains. There is no indication that portogen.com was used for anything like this.
- Portogen.com has 15 years of nameservers history, which indicates that it is an aged domain. Some speculate that older domains are better for search engine optimisation than domains that have just been registered.
- Portogen.com is indexed by Google, search with the term ‘site:portogen.com’ to see all result pages. This means there is no de-indexing penalty issued the domain Portogen.com.
How can you use the domain Portogen.com?
Because the name is not in the dictionary, it is a great domain to brand your business. Here are some ideas for this domain
- A virtual reality software program, opening portals to different worlds or real-life locations.
- A customised door manufacturer.
- Travel software, an aggregator for travel deals.
- An immigration, citizenship and visa service
- A remote work and/or commuting software service
- A Portugual travel specialist (which doubles for the Portuguese city of Oporto).
- A generic portal website for just about anything.
- An overseas shipping service.
- Using the ‘haven’ definition of port, use this for security and creating ‘safe houses’
- Use as product maker portal, emphasising the ‘gen’ suffix of Portogen.
Before you buy Portogen.com, please read.
It is vital that you check trademarks in your country and in your business vertical before buying this domain.
- If you are in the USA, please check the sites: Trademark247.com and US Government Trademark site. Otherwise, check the trademark registrar in whatever country you will be operating in.
- While there is no US trademark on “Portogen”, however, there are trademarks for ‘Portagen‘ in the following classifications: food and ingredients, scientific, and clothing (including footwear and headwear). If you are in the United States, it is best not to feature the domain in these verticals unless you are sure there is no conflict.
- To understand trademark classifications, watch this video. This indicates how different trademarks exist across different verticals or classifications.
- To understand what ‘trademark bullying‘, read this article. As quoted from the site, common trademark bullying tactics including:
– A trademark bully demands that the alternative owners cease with the trademark in significantly different products or services.
– A trademark bully declares (wrongly) that it has a monopoly over the mark.
– A trademark bully may try to expand its services or products to declare it has a right over other classifications, despite any evidence of this.
– A trademark bully may be misguided in their belief that their trademark is too famous, and asserts that other trademarks in different classifications hurt their brand.
Please note the owners of Portogen.com are based in a jurisdiction where there is no trademark on ‘Portogen’.
Buy Portogen.com for $3,299.00 USD
How did we come up with this price? We carefully evaluated Portogen.com based on several factors, some of which include:
- Domain name extension
- Length of domain and characters used
- Similar domain sales.
- Domain age and history
- Keywords in the domain: this may include the following: search volume, cost per click, dictionary coverage, and/or multi-lingual coverage.
Tools used for this evaluation may include Majestic SEO, DomCop, Google Ads Keyplanner, SpyFu, Keyword Keg, DomainTools, Archive.org, and NameBio.com.
References and Credits:
- Header photo/image credit: unsplash.com/@noahbuscher / instagram.com/noahbuscher
- “port, n.1”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/148088 (accessed July 06, 2020).
- “-gen, comb. form”. OED Online. June 2020. Oxford University Press. https://www.oed.com/view/Entry/77459 (accessed July 06, 2020).